Chocolate Tahini Tarts
For 4-6 tarts (depending on the size of your forms)
※ 1/2 cup almonds
※ 1/2 cup cacao nibs
※ 1/2 cup GF rolled oats
※ 3 tbsp cacao powder
※ 7 dates (pitted and soaked for 15 minutes)
※Pinch of salt
※ 1/3 cup smooth tahini ⠀
※ 2/3 cup coconut cream (could be more if you want a smoother texture)
※ 1/3 cup melted chocolate
※ 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
※ Juice of 1 lime
※ Pinch of salt
Ideas for decoration:
※ Melted chocolate
※ Freeze-dried/fresh/frozen berries
※ Coconut flakes/cacao nibs
1. Process all the dry base ingredients.
2. Add dates, process into a smooth dough.
Note: The texture you are looking for: it should be soft enough to roll into a ball but should not stick to your fingers.
3. Press the dough into tart forms. But into the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to set.
4. Warm-up tahini and coconut cream to 36-40 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, go for skin temperature.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk or blend until smooth.
Note: The texture you are looking for: smooth without any clumps, milk chocolate colour.
6. With a spoon fill in the tarts. Put into the freezer for about an hour or fridge for at least 3 hours.
7. Decorate and enjoy.
If you are trying out one of my delicious recipes, please tag me @sfoodies and use my #sfoodies_nailedit.
I cannot wait to see what you make as well as read what you think. I would also love to share your success with others.