Vegan French Meringue
※100g Aqua faba ⠀
※100g raw sugar ⠀
※1 tsp lemon juice or 1/4 tsp cream of tartar ⠀
※1/4 tsp guar or xanthan gum (optional - for a really strong meringue. You can skip it if you’re just making one for home) ⠀
※Pinch of salt
1. Make sure the bowl you’re planning to use for whipping is clean and dry. ⠀
2. Add Aqua Faba (and lemon juice, if using). ⠀
3. In a separate bowl mix well the dry stabilizers: cream of tartar, gum, and salt. ⠀
4. Start the mixer on low speed and gradually add stabilizers. Make sure to do it slowly to avoid clumping. ⠀
5. When Aqua Faba becomes white and full of tiny bubbles - increase the speed.
6. Once aqua faba becomes a stable foam start adding sugar. Spoon by spoon, really slowly - add another only when the previous one is absorbed. It can take 10 minutes or so.
7. With a spoon of a piping bag set meringue on a baking or dehydrator tray. ⠀
8. Bake at 100°C with an open oven door for 2 hours or use a dehydrate at 42 degrees overnight.
You can add color using natural powders like turmeric, matcha, beetroot. Alternatively, you can add freeze-dried berry powders to add flavor.