Coconut Brownie Cake
8-10 portions if using a 15mm form
🌿Food processor ⠀
🌿Cake form ⠀
※ 8-10 dates, pre-soaked for 10-15 minutes
※ 1 cup/140g walnuts
※ 1/2 cup/ 50g rolled oats
※ 2 tbsp cacao powder
※ Pinch of salt ⠀
Coconut Layer: ⠀
※1 cup/90g desiccated coconut
※ 1/2 cup/125ml coconut cream, room temperature
※ 1/4cup/60 ml coconut oil
※ 3 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
※ 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
1. Pulse all the dry base ingredients in a food processor until all broken down.
2. With the processor still running, add dates one by one. The dough should start to form a ball in the food processor. If the dough is too dry, add a little bit of water.
3. Move the base dough into a cake form lined with parchment paper and press into the form to create an even layer. ⠀
4. Move the baking form with the base to the fridge while you start making the coconut layer.
5. In a food processor, pulse desiccated coconut until broken down and it starts to release oil.
6. Add sweetener, coconut cream and vanilla. Process until the added coconut layer ingredients are well combined.
7. Add the coconut oil to the food processor and process for a few more seconds. ⠀
8. Spread coconut layer on top of the base, move to the fridge or freezer to set. For about 1-2 hours.
9. Take out of the form and decorate.
If you are trying out one of my delicious recipes, please tag me @sfoodies and use my #sfoodies_nailedit.
I cannot wait to see what you make as well as read what you think. I would also love to share your success with others.